Dear St. Luke families:
We hope that the first few days of teacher-led distance learning are going well. We also hope that you have had a chance to view the video with greetings from our staff. Here are four recent updates:
1. Intensive French Registration Process – This process has been postponed. In lieu of the parent information meeting that was scheduled for March 30th and then for April 20th, we are hoping to send out a presentation created by our French consultant. The registration process will be happening after this presentation has been made available to you. Stay tuned!
2. Parent Supports on WCDSB Website – Please continue to check our Board website for ongoing updates to valuable parent resources: WCDSBLearn@Home, WCDSBPray@Home, and COVID-19 Updates. A new FAQ has been recently added to the Learn@Home and COVID-19 pages.
3. JK Registration – Several years ago, we established a very easy-to-use online pre-registration portal to make the registration process as convenient as possible.
Parents of children scheduled to begin JK in September 2020, are encouraged to complete the pre-registration process as soon as possible.
There will still need to be some in-person contact with the school, but that will be handled at an appropriate time after the COVID-19 crisis has passed.
For non-Catholic families wishing to register in a WCDSB elementary school, your school Principal will reach out to you to complete the required interview process – again – at an appropriate time in in the most appropriate manner, including via phone.
Please CLICK HERE for all the information you need to start the registration process!
4. Letter from Father Aleks at St. Agnes Church –
This is such a desperate time for all of us. The situation continues to change so rapidly, and with parish churches closed until further notice, there have been inquiries about the upcoming celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation at the end of May.
The Diocese of Hamilton has just updated parishes with a list of cancellations, that take effect from April 2 to June 30, 2020. This means that the Sacrament of Confirmation has been canceled. It will take some time for the Diocese to arrange new dates for the Sacraments. We will keep you informed.
I keep all of you in my prayers, especially those who are, or may become, ill. Through perseverance in prayer and diligent physical distancing we will see an end to this crisis.
I welcome your family to worship and pray as a community of St. Agnes through internet live-streaming of daily Mass. Below are the options from our Parish website.
Holy Mass is steamed from St. Agnes: Monday to Friday at 7:00 PM, and Saturday & Sunday at 10:00 AM.
Mass is accessible live through Zoom Cloud Meeting. Zoom can be loaded on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Click here: https://zoom.us/j/5053488770
* Please join us five minutes early to ensure that you have a little time to work out any difficulties connecting. You can also test your connection at any time by clicking the link. If you see a message that states “Please wait for the host to start this meeting”, your system is ready for Mass!