Students at St. Luke CES will have a choice between wearing orange and black or wearing a Halloween costume on October 31st.
JK to Grade 3 students will be having their own special activity in the morning before the first recess. Students who choose to wear costumes will then put them away so they do not get damaged at recess or snack time.
In order to ensure that all of our students have a fun and safe day, there are a few guidelines that we would like all students to follow with respect to costumes:
- Costumes should not interfere with classroom activities. Students must be able to sit, walk, breathe, see and hear.
- No fake weapons of any kind are allowed.
- Masks that cover the face are not permitted.
- Recognizing that we have very young children at our school, costumes should not be scary or gory.
- As always, all students are asked to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the Christian values of St. Luke CES and the WCDSB.
- Appropriate and safe footwear must be worn.
- Students will not be given time during the school day to prepare their costumes, i.e., getting dressed in the washrooms, applying makeup, etc.
- Staff will not be able to assist students with their costumes. Costumes should be simple enough for the students to manage independently.
Thank you for your support. We are looking forward to a fun Halloween day!