The last day to book parent-student-teacher interviews online is this Friday, November 2nd. Please see the attached instructions in case you still plan to use our online booking system. Families who do not book an interview by Friday will be provided an interview time, and this information will be sent home with the Progress Reports.
Help Build Candy Mountain!
The students of St. Luke School have always been so generous to share their sweet treats with the less fortunate.
Once again, we will be collecting any extra Halloween candy to send to Dr. Andrew Simone’s Canadian Food for Children.
All donations can be sent to Mrs. Moser’s room (Room 154) until November 16, 2018.
Thank You for Sharing and Caring!
Students at St. Luke CES will have a choice between wearing orange and black or wearing a Halloween costume on October 31st.
JK to Grade 3 students will be having their own special activity in the morning before the first recess. Students who choose to wear costumes will then put them away so they do not get damaged at recess or snack time.
In order to ensure that all of our students have a fun and safe day, there are a few guidelines that we would like all students to follow with respect to costumes:
- Costumes should not interfere with classroom activities. Students must be able to sit, walk, breathe easily, see and hear.
- No fake weapons of any kind are allowed.
- Masks that cover the face are not permitted.
- Recognizing that we have very young children at our school, costumes should not be scary or gory.
- As always, all students are asked to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the Christian values of St. Luke CES and the WCDSB.
- Appropriate and safe footwear must be worn.
- Students will not be given time during the school day to prepare their costumes, i.e., getting dressed in the washrooms, applying makeup, etc.
- Staff will not be able to assist students with their costumes. Costumes should be simple enough for the students to manage independently.
Thank you for your support. We are looking forward to a fun Halloween day!
School photo retakes will be done on Friday November 2, 2018. If you would like your child/ren to have a retake done please have them pick up a form in the office.
We apologize for the last minute information, however, our Board just received this information from the Ministry of Education. Please take the time to review the attached Teletown Hall promotion letter.
The letter contains information with respect to registration for tomorrow’s (October 23rd) Teletown Hall, as well as November 1st (FRENCH) or November 10th.
Dear St. Luke families:
We are offering spirit wear again this year. Please see below for details re how to order online. Sizing samples will be available in the foyer during parent-student-teacher interviews on Thursday, November 8th.
Please remember to book your interviews online. The system is open today and will close on Friday, November 2nd.